The HealthHub Singapore Timeline & Popular Features
- 1 The HealthHub Singapore Timeline & Popular Features
- 1.1 New Features & Awards Timeline
- 1.2 HealthHub Popular Features, Programs & Resources
- 1.2.1 Popular Programmes
- 1.2.2 Caregiver Service
- 1.2.3 Popular Directory Services
- 1.2.4 Membership
- 1.2.5 Popular e-Services
- 1.3 Related Site & Articles
- 2 About the Author
This article traces and tracks the evolution of healthhub during its evolution from its roots to its current status and provides a summary of its most popular programs and services. HealthHub is Singapore 1st National Health Portal with the aim, of serving the citizens of Singapore with online content and e-services to improve the e-services the Government offers thru MOH (Ministry of Health), as part of the Smart Nation initiative.
HealthHub was launched on 18th Oct 2015, and contain localized and citizen content help such as
- Authoritative content on conditions
- Online Content on a wide range of lifestyle topics, such as healthy eating, and drinking.
- Key focus areas and campaign area such as programs and campaigns
- A directory of medical and lifestyle related locations in Singapore
- Health related News
- Health Event related News
- eServices for your personal health such as medical appointments, lab results
- eServices for your family such as immunization, dental results
- Deals such as dining, shopping for healthy lifestyle choices.
New Features & Awards Timeline
- Whats coming next ?
- Apr 2017: HealthHub releases new functionality . The new features are Childrens Health (providing information about children Immunisation, & Developmental Milestones), Financial Consent (Your digital consent to enable the Singapore Government to access you records) and Patient Medication List (Online Medication Reminder system) and Track (a Digital Health Application to build Healthy Habits).
- Jan 2017: HealthHub featured in Global Health Portals comparison. This whitepaper compares 6 award winning Global Health Portals (HealthHub, Sundhed, NHS Choices, 1177, WeDoctor (Formerly GuaHao), WebMD), on 3 benchmarks which are inforation & Service Offerings, System Quality and & Marketing Efforts.
- Dec 2016: New release adds 2 new content types (Medications, Health Statistics) & Deals Viewing (available on Web Site), to improve the type of information accessible by the public.
- Dec 2016: HealthHub wins ASEAN TELMIN Gold Award in Public Sector Category from AICTA.
- Oct 2016: Caregiver Module is released. This module will help the public care for the elderly by improving access to medical information online.
- Oct 2016: HealthHub wins 3 Global Awards from Frost and Sullivan, which demonstrates the global capabilities of the portal when benchmarked against other global portals.
- Jun 2016: CAPAM Semi-Finalist – Citizen Focused Innovation from the public sector.
- Apr 2016: Quarterly Release Quiz and eServices enhancements. This release provides fun Quizzes to help with understand sometimes hard to understand health topics.
- Feb 2016: Mobi-ex Awards 3 Awards. This award demonstrates the excellence of the marketing done to promote the website.
- Jan 2016: Minor Improvements
- Nov 2015: How it was built. This article discusses the efforts done to envision, build and release the healthhub portal.
- Oct 2015: Official Public Launch at Jurong Singapore
- Jan 2014: Soft Launch
- Jan 2013: Idea conceived to deliver a national health project to the people.
Videos about Healthhub here
HealthHub Popular Features, Programs & Resources
In this section, the content, provided on HealthHub is extremely comprehensive, and covers a myriad of topics including to promote health literacy and healthy living in the various section of HealthHub such as the Programm, News, Events, e-Services, Directories etc.
Here are some of the most popular sections below
Are you aware that there are between 200 to 400 programs, events, campaigns going on in Singapore at any given month ? There are a large number of them which are free, ranging from cooking lessons, to better supermarket shopping, to yoga in a park on Sunday.
Highlighted below are some of the key campaigns
The Caregiver service is a new service launched in Oct 2016, that enables users to access the medical records of the loved ones thru HealthHub. Thus empowering caregiver to provide better care by giving online access for instant access.
National Step Challenge Campaign
About the hugely successful HPB National Step Challenge and Tips to optimize your participation, I myself am a participant and have maxed out my steps in the campaign. 🙂
- How to get a FREE NSC HPB Tracker
- Where to fix or repair the HPB NSC Step Tracker
- Fitbit vs NSC 365 Step Tracker Review
- How to win Points in the NSC
- The Home page for the National Step Challenge
- The National Step Challenge FAQ.
Eat, Drink Healthy campaign
The most popular links to the Eat, Drink Health Campaign. I didnt win anything in the siew tai campaign, 🙁
Diabetes Resource Home Page
- This page is consolidation of all the useful Diabetes information in one place for convenience.
Quit Smoking Resource Home Page
- This page is a resource for all the useful information on how to quit smoking in one place.
Healthy Aging Campaign
This section is for the popular links for the elderly, which addresses common afflictions such as dementia, falls, healthy eating etc.
- Nutrition information for the elderly
- Advice on how to reduce the risks of Dementia
- An authoritative guide to aging well.
- Useful information on the practice of good hygiene to help prevent infection, which may help prevent the elderly from falling sick.
- The recommended Health Screening and immunizations for your family by age, gender.
- Exercise recommended for the healthy aging.
These calculator are useful tools, to manage your health, and are localized.
- The HPB BMI Calculator, which is optimized for Asians.
- The HPB Calorie Calculator, which is localized
Popular Directory Services
HealthHub Singapore, has a wide directory list of healthcare and healthy lifestyle facilities available around the island. This allows the user to locate the medical, facility such as polyclinics, and even parks in Singapore.
Its quite amazing to know that there are hundreds of sports facilities in Singapore.
How to use the directory services in HealthHub.
- How to find Gyms, Parks, Healthier Eateries in the Directory Services
- How to find medical professional in HealthHub Directory Services such as Doctors, Nurses, Optometrist & Opticians, Pharmacist and Doctors and medical locations such as Clinics, Eldercare, Hospitals, Laboratories and Pharmacies in the Directory Services
- Search the HealthHub Directory
Some useful information about how to sign up for HealthHub Membership, where you can get up to 500 points for signing up.
Some useful information about how to use the HealthHub e-Services to retrieve medical records online for you and your family.
To access the e-Services, you will need to login via Singpass to access the your medical records and appointments as well as for your children. Some of the key features are the ability to add you children and to check on their medical appointments online.
At the moment, the appointments are viewing only, but in the future it should be updatable.
- How to use the child immunization records online
- How to use access your personal health records online
Related Site & Articles
- HealthHub official site
- MOH Official Site
- HealthHub Google Store
- HealthHub Apple Store
- Creating Habits with Digital Health
Videos about HealthHub here
About the Author
Best of luck and feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions.
#Healthhub #Singapore #digitalhealth #HPB #healthcare #nationalhealth #healthcareportal #behavioralchanges